Everyone makes mistakes, the only people who don’t aren’t trying hard enough.
- Not being principle based
- Neglecting to establish principled methodology
- Cause and effect
- Dogma having too much faith in a given program or method.
- Getting trapped in the idea of the program versus the results of the program.
- Justification versus discovery
- Copy cat programming
- Apply what the best do regular athletes
- Over reliance on indirect methods of improvement.
- Strength development to excess
- Technique development to excess, “perfection is the enemy of profit”
- Exercise novelty
- Not tracking any metrics
- Exercise selection
Develop your grasp of the whole process
Work from the big picture down to the individual training session
Keep look for solutions not justification